Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gratitude Sunday


I am joining Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots in celebrating a few things that I am so very thankful for. 


Before we get to all the things I am thankful for this week can I just say that I am NOT thankful or all that happy about silly  Daylight Savings Time. As a born and bred Hoosier, I lived most of my life never changing my clocks, always getting the same amount of sleep, and ignoring all the DST stuff. Even after a few years of it I still don't feel like I have adjusted... oh well, I hear it's good for our economy so we'll go with that... 

Okay, this week, I am thankful for; 

- Shane had a relaxed and fun birthday with friends... and pink cupcakes (as that was about all that was left at the grocery store and I ran out of time to make him some). 

- Snow! We got 4 inches of wet, heavy, and absolutely beautiful snow midweek. It was magical coming down and made all of the trees just gorgeous with snow. 

- All of our seeds arrived. I also got a few materials for seed starting and today is the day the seeds finally get started! 

- Chai milkshakes! I love them so much and I don't make them often but when I do we enjoy them big time!

- Clean house and clean laundry. 

- Having a husband that let's my crazy planner self plan and helps me with it. We are planning to update our landscaping and add in raised beds this year. In addition, we have some inside organizational and other projects planned and we are on the same page with them all. 

- The offer from Shane's folks to help with some of these projects! 

- Great friends! I wish time and space didn't separate us from them so much but that's life. It just makes it that much better when we do get to catch up, right? 

- A hot shower! I could live in the water (but I'll be good and do my part to conserve it). 

- My mom. She's kinda of badass! 

- Happy Hour at the Symphony this week! It was a mash up of Radiohead's OK Computer and Brahm's First and it was magically beautiful stuff! 

- The fun of showing a friend how to use a drop spindle and a pair of knitting needles. 


What are you thankful for this week? 

3 comments:

  1. YES! A hot shower, so so nice. have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope you have a beautiful week to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chai milkshakes sound so tasty- I have never heard of them so just might have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete