Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

I am joining Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots in celebrating a few things that I am so very thankful for.
This week I am thankful for; 

- The opportunity to say goodbye to my bonus Grandpa and celebrate his amazing life. He was my best friend from high school's grandpa and he was awesome!  He was always so full of joy, wonder, and a great passion for life. He also grew the biggest and best tomatoes I have ever eaten! I have so many words running around in my head and none of them sound right so I will just say he was an amazing man and he will be missed by everyone he touched. Billie, if you are reading this, you know ((hugs)). 

- Sleep! It is magically restorative stuff and despite all of the work we have been doing around the house we have tried to sleep in every day of this three day weekend. 

- A little time with my Mom this week. I wish it wasn't following the celebration of life for our dear friend but I am glad I got some time with her. 

- Seeing Billie and her growing family (again, wishing it was under different circumstances). 

- Getting a major chunk of yard work completed/in process. The landscaping is looking so much better and at this stage it's just bare dirt and plants! We want our landscaping to be easy to maintain so we can spend more time on the food garden and other projects so while it's taking a great deal of time and energy now we hope it will save a lot in the future (and be more eco friendly). 

- The three day weekend! The plan is to relax tomorrow! 

- Starting to teach another online class. I love all of the free time when I am not teaching but having the extra income and shifting my mental focus to a slightly different topic from my "day job" is good too. 

- Finding diatomaceous earth at the home improvement store today! Something little and crawly is eating my kale and I am NOT happy about it. I also don't want to use pesticides so finding a giant bag was like winning the gardening lottery today! 

- Lush's Angels on Bare Skin and Urban Decay's BB Cream. My skin was feeling it's age last week after our trip to the desert aka Cabo and after some exfoliation and extra moisturizing and sunscreen it is much happier! 

- The smell of homemade laundry soap... okay, mostly just the Fels-Nafta that I shred for it but, man does it smell clean and fresh! 

What are you thankful for this week? 

2 comments:

  1. sorry for your loss. ((hug))
    what a lovely list you have. have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.

      I hope you have a great week too!

      Delete