Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yarn Along

I am joining in with Ginny of "Small Things" again this week  to share what I am knitting.   

Vacation in Cabo San Lucas was WONDERFUL! We got home late last night and I finally wised to the power of the transition day from vacation back to reality. So today I cleaned out the raised beds of maple (helicopter) seeds and gave my growing green friends some love, made sun tea, started on the mountain of laundry, and finished the wee baby blanket I have been working on. 
I need to finish weaving in all those stripey ends. 

The baby blanket turned out smaller than I had expected but it is made of organic cotton and super duper snuggly and should be lovely for the June baby that it was made for. It's about the size of a receiving or swaddling blanket.  I love the earthy colors that my friend requested! 

While on vacation I did manage to knit a few rows on a grandma's favorite dishrag or the project that I try to always have with me for those "random knitting occasions". My in laws just groaned and smiled and the passersby looked a little confused but it was vacation and I am a knitter. It seemed perfectly logical to me :) 

I am now convinced that I should always knit with a Bahama Mama! 

I just cast on the linen top (ravelry link) in a dark grey cotton. Hopefully, I'll have some progress to share next week! 

What beautiful things are you working on this week? 



2 comments:

  1. Love the stripy blanket and I dread burying the ends but it does go quickly! Love the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      Thank you so much! Happy knitting to you! :)

      Delete