Tuesday, July 16, 2013

... and then it was July...

How is mid July already?!

This past weekend was EPIC!!!! My sister, her best friend, and I spent the weekend being silly, having lots of girl talk, and seeing SIR PAUL McCARTNEY!!!!! It was seriously, a dream come true weekend!


Otherwise, it's been the usual combination of work, teaching, and tending to the house and garden.

We have reached that part of the summer here in Indiana where the tomatoes are big and green, the corn is hip high (okay, not my corn... my corn is tiny), and I feel like I am harvest herbs and jalapenos every day. Last week I harvested the onions and carrots because the rabbits were starting to munch on the greens. Today, I pulled the zucchini plants (after only 2 zucchini.. boo!) and the cucumbers (after exactly zero cucumbers) thanks to the silly squash bug invasion that quickly got ahead of me. In other words, I continue to learn  something new every year and every year my yield grows a little more.


This is my tee plant! Isn't she pretty?!

I have also been slowly but surely working on knitting projects and will share them tomorrow for the yarn along!

No comments:

Post a Comment