Monday, July 29, 2013

Getting It In

A few years back when I started training for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon (aka half marathon) and before I realized that I had WAY over extended myself (read, I was in my final semester of grad school), I was part of a training group and our coach reminded us to, among other things like "Have fun with it!", to "get it in". At the time, "getting it in" meant to do your best to meet your mileage goal for the day and week. 

I have been seriously slacking on eating what I know is healthy and nourishing for my body and working out. So, with that, I am working on "getting it in" by eliminating the gluten I have been sneaking in that has been making my body feel awful and by working on trying to get some kind of workout in at least 3 days but ideally 4 to 5 days each week.  

In addition to having a happier mind and body my hope is that I can get back into the weight loss groove. I am sharing all this with the intent of making myself more accountable which is always a good thing. 

So what do you do to help yourself meet your health and fitness goals? 


1 comment:

  1. Good luck on giving up the gluten, I 'want' to try (i'm not allergic or anything) but it seems like such a big step - it's everywhere. I cook almost all off our food from scratch but I do use a lot of flour. I recently gave up coffee, and suffered horrible flu like symptoms for a few days. But I'm waking up in the mornings more refreshed and not feeling so tired in the evenings. I try to run to keep fit, and do yoga but I'm not very consistent. My husband does 15 minutes every evening and a few minutes stretching every morning.
    Visiting via Ginny's blog.

    ReplyDelete