Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

I am joining Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots in celebrating a few things that I am so very thankful for.
This week I am thankful for; 

- A lovely weekend of work balanced with fun! We made progress on our landscaping project that seems to be never ending... and we also went to dinner last night and a movie today. A nice balance!

- All of the tomatoes that I keep finding in the garden! I don't have enough to try and can them myself yet but I do have lots so I pulled out "Put 'Em Up" and found a few great ideas for roasting and freezing them for dips, pizzas, and in other recipes.  Having enough to put by is so cool. 

- All of the recent gluten free recipes people have been sharing with me and the fact that I can tolerate some wheat and do not have celiac disease, just my silly sensitivity to wheat. Whenever I read about others experiences with avoiding gluten I am thankful I have some level of flexibility... 

- Another safe trip to northwest Indiana for work and back... and the associated adjusted work schedule that allowed for a nap with the cat on Friday afternoon.

- Time for knitting and yarn loving! 

- The absolutely beautiful weather we have been having lately! It is has been in the mid 70s to lower 80s with no humidity and a wonderful breeze. We need some rain and it would make me so happy but the cool temperatures are such a blessing! 

- Wonderful Sunday night dinner thanks in part to the garden. 

- Sun tea!

- Allergy medication and AC... despite the awesome temps my allergies are still in their summer glory so being able to breathe is a wonderful! 

- The bestest husband ever!!! He's just cool :) 

What are you thankful for this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment