Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

I am joining Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots in celebrating a few things that I am so very thankful for.



This week I am thankful for; 

- Two AMAZING concerts with awesome concert buddies in the past seven days! The first was Paul McCartney with my sister and her best friend Amy and the second was The Package Tour (Boys II Men, 98 degrees, and New Kids on the Block) with my friend Jenn. It was my childhood dreams come true all in the span of a week! The BEST part though was time spent with people I love dearly and don't see near enough of. 

- Canning my first two cans of Summer Solstice (cherry and blueberry) jam under the guidance of my friend Jenn (pre concert because that's how we pre party!). I have been reading about waterbath canning but I have been a bit scared to try because we have a ceramic cooktop. I also tend to be a hands on learner so it was great to do it with Jenn and of course have fun while learning a new skill! So next step is making a small batch of something and canning it on my own... eek! 

- Being able to get a little knitting in most every day of this week! I love it so much and sadly I don't get this chance as much as I would like but I REALLY need to make the time more often... 

- A nice nap with the occasional kitty snuggles today. 

- Our garden growing and growing! 

- Hugs and kisses from my sweet husband after an overnight away for the second concert. 

- Cheating BIG TIME on my gluten free diet with cupcakes from Crumbs Bake Shop! YUM!


What are you thankful for this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment